I love blogging awards because 1. It’s humbling to know others are actually reading your stuff (and like it) and 2. It gives you a chance to pay it forward and recognize others for their ability to reach out and touch you through their writing and stories.
I’m honored and humbled that Tracy over at Wanderlust nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Thanks Tracy – I could use a little sunshine right now in the midst of this cold! If you aren’t familiar with Tracy’s blog, stop by and check it out. Not only is she an AMAZING photographer, she has over 20 years of sobriety, which to me sounds like an eternity! I’ve found very few people in the blogging world who have that kind of sobriety so I consider her a true gem.
As with any award, there are a few guidelines. Here’s how it goes:
To accept the award, the awardee must do the following:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 10 deserving bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link to the awardees and let them know of the nomination.
- List 10 interesting things about yourself.
Okay, 10 interesting (if you can call them that) things about myself.
- Growing up, I wanted to be a high school English teacher.
- I never, ever thought I would end up settling down in Oregon. But, now, I can’t imagine living anywhere else. I love it.
- I used to think I really liked big cities, but as I get older, I realize that I don’t like them at all. And, I’m okay with that.
- My dream is to live on a little piece of land with room for a BIG garden and chickens.
- I have a thing for cowboy boots and love everything country – music, rodeo, Americana, etc. I think it has something to do with my Texas roots!
- I could never run for a political office because there are too many pictures of me topless and inhaling (not necessarily at the same time). Unfortunately, when you drink like I did, you do really stupid things that you end of regretting. Ugh. Oh, and if you happen to have any of those pictures PLEASE burn them!
- I used to think that being a church-going Christian meant you had to have really big hair and wear lots of makeup. Not so! God loves me just the way I am!
- I got my first (and only) tattoo on my 33rd birthday. It’s a naked woman sitting on a crescent moon, which is the same one my mom had on her ankle. It’s taken from a necklace she used to wear when I was little and I treasure it. It’s my way of holding her memory close to me – always.
- I’m thinking about getting my nose pierced again. Shhh…don’t tell my husband!
- I love, love, love strong coffee. Hot. In a big mug. Preferably by a big, roaring fire.
Okay, now for the good stuff! I absolutely love the blogging community and have come across so many amazing and talented people. I truly admire those who are willing to take a chance and expose themselves by sharing their innermost thoughts and experiences with total strangers. Not all of them are recovery sites, but they all speak to me in a special way and give me diverse views on living life. I encourage you to check out their sites.
http://soberboots.com/ (Heather is taking a little break from blogging, but she’s awesome so I had to include her.)